DYPHENE® 8318 Formaldehyde, polymer with 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl) phenol CAS# 26678-93-3
Dyphene® 8318 is an oil-soluble, non-heat reactive alkyl phenolic novolak resin that imparts exceptional initial tack and tack retention to rubber compounds. It is used extensively as a tackifier in tire compounds based on blends of NR, SBR and BR.
- Imparts high initial tack in green rubber stock (auto-adhesion)
- Retains a high level of tack even after extended exposure to high temperature and humidity.
- Exhibits good compatibility.
- Offers greater economy than many less expensive resins because lower loadings of DYPHENE® 8318 can yield equivalent tack.
- Functions as a processing aid, dispersion aid for other compounding ingredients, and reduces compound viscosity.
- Out performs hydrocarbon resins for tack, tack retention and physical properties in many applications.
SUGGESTED USES: Tackifying resin for building tack in tire carcass stocks using NR/SBR and NR/SBR/BR blends, and inner liner recipes containing chlorobutyl/SBR/NR blends. Tackifying resin for tire cements, rubber-compounding applications that now use hydrocarbon resins.
Standard Package: 50# bags
Shelf life: More than one year at temperatures of 100°F or lower.
Recommended Storage: Store in dry area.
Appearance: Yellow to amber flakes or pastilles
*Softening point (Ring & Ball)°C
*Gardner Holdt Viscosity (num)
2.0 – 4.0
|2.0 – 4.0|
SOLUBILITY: Recommended solvents for DYPHENE® 8318 include:
Xylene , Methyl Ethyl Ketone
|Xylene||Methyl Ethyl Ketone|
Hexane, VM&P Naphtha
, Carbon Tetrachloride
*Actual values reported on certificate of analysis.
Download Product Information
For DYPHENE® 8318 - Formaldehyde, polymer with 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl) phenol
Technical Data & SDS Sheets
Technical Product Sheets and SDS sheets are available for each of the chemicals listed. To access please click on the links above.
All reports are in Acrobat Reader PDF format. You can download a free version of Acrobat Reader by clicking on the Adobe icon.
- Western Reserve Chemicals
- 4837 Darrow Road
- Stow, OH 44224
- FAX-330 650-2255
- Email: email@example.com